Chester County, PA Criminal Defense Lawyer
When experience matters to you, you can rely on the attorneys of Young, Marr, Mallis & Associates. For decades our experienced attorneys have defended Pennsylvanians against serious charges like assault, drug possession, manslaughter and murder. Collectively, we have handled more than 10,000 cases so we understand some of the feelings you may be experiencing. Selecting an experienced criminal defense attorney to defend you can not only increase the likelihood of a favorable outcome, but also provide clear guidance and advice throughout the process. Facing criminal charges is invariably a stress-filled and anxiety-ridden situation, but the advice and guidance of an attorney can allow you to rest slightly easier knowing that you have taken steps to protect your rights or freedom.
Chester County, PA Criminal Defense Practice Areas
Drawing from our experience defending people in thousands of cases, we can represent you against many charges. Whether you have been charged with a misdemeanor or a felony we can defend you against:
- Drug charges – Whether you have been charged with marijuana possession or marijuana cultivation, or another drug crime the penalties are severe. Charges of possession of less than 30 ounces of marijuana can result in up to 1 year in jail. Charges for cultivating less than 1,000 pounds of marijuana can result in up to 5 years in prison and no more than $5,000 in fines. Charges for other street drugs or for prescription drugs can be even more severe.
- Murder – If a person was killed during an alleged felony or if the prosecutor believes that he or she can prove that you killed another person with intent, they are likely to bring murder charges. Pennsylvania has not abolished the death penalty so a death sentence is possible.
- Manslaughter – When a person is killed by another but there was no intent to kill, a prosecutor may decide to bring manslaughter charges.
- DUI – Throughout the 2000s numerous changes were made to Pennsylvania’s DUI laws. The permissible BAC was reduced to .08% and other changes were made. Repeat offenders are subject to license suspension and mandatory installation and use of ignition interlock devices. High BAC offenders are also subject to increased penalties.
- Domestic violence charges – Assault and other domestic violence charges can be devastating to a reputation and a family. We can help with both criminal defense matters and abusive PFA orders.
- White Collar Crimes –Crimes of this type involve a dishonest plan or scheme designed to make money from unsuspecting individuals. Crimes of this type include fraud, credit card fraud, insurance fraud, Medicare fraud, forgery, insider trading, RICO charges, and more are all considered to be white collar crimes.
We can handle many criminal charges in a strategically and aggressively. We work to protect your freedom and your rights against serious criminal allegations. While we explore whether a plea deal may create a favorable outcome, we are always prepared to go to trial to defend you.
Call Our Chester County Criminal Defense Attorneys Today
Our attorneys are recognized locally and nationally. One of our attorneys is a former Assistant Chief of the Narcotics Prosecution Unit and another is a former Assistant District Attorney. This past experience provides us additional insight into the process. We work to utilize any potential insights and prepare for trial strategically.
If you have been charged with a serious crime in Chester County Pennsylvania, don’t try to navigate the courts and justice system alone. Put our experience to work for you by contacting Young, Marr, Mallis & Associates for an initial case review. Call us at (609) 755-3115 in New Jersey or (215) 701-6519 in Pennsylvania or contact us online to schedule your free and confidential consultation.